Right now I am in Los Angeles. Here are some of the things I love about being here:
1. There is a pool here, and technically there is even a hot tub. There is you know?
2. And my mom and dad signed me and Coco up for a cupcakes class. Like, even though I can’t eat the cupcakes, it will be still be fun making them.
3. I even get to get new flats while I am here. The embaressing thing is that my mom forgot to bring me any shirts here, so we probably need some of those too.
4. I get to meet my moms work friends, and one of them even has kids my age!
5. OMG. The French fries at the hotel are the best thing ever.
6. I got to have a diet Sprite on the airplane because it didn’t have sugar
7. I got to order sugar free rainbow jello, but then it was SO disgusting. Never order sugar free jello. There is something really wrong with it.
8. Coco and I get to visit our really good friends Mila and Melania while we are here, (that’s tonight) and I am so excited to see them. We always like to put shows on together with dancing and singing and encores for our parents.
9. I even brought my American Girl Doll and even a bathing suit for her. I am bringing her everywhere. I even hid her in my suitcase, even though my mom said I could only have one stuffed animal. But I promised I would share when she found it so she let me have it.
10. We got to see our Uncle Chris yesterday and meet his girlfriend and I really liked her. She and I are both fashion designers. She had glitter on her eyes and Easter Egg nails, and I really liked both of those thing.
Now, about this spaghetti. I really, seriously made this up all by myself. My mom cooked it because I can’t touch the hot stove. But mostly I did it myself.
I also chose the bowl and the napkin. I hope you like it!
1 lb rice spaghetti
4 strips Bacon
1 yellow onion, large diced
28 ounces crushed tomatoes
Fresh parsley for garnish
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Put the rice pasta in and cook it to al dente according to the manufacturers directions.
Ina large pan, cook the bacon until crispy and the fat is rendered. Remove the bacon from the pan and add the onions. Cook them until the onions are soft and translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and cook over medium low heat for about 10 minutes.
Put the contents of the sauce in the jar of a blender and puree on high. Season to taste with kosher salt.
Put the sauce back in the pan and simmer until the pasta is ready. Toss the pasta with the sauce and season to taste with kosher salt. Serve hot.